Are you the one who’s keen to do your bachelors in Germany? Here’s the eligibility criteria and admission requirements for bachelors in Germany.
What are the Admission Requirements for bachelors in Germany?
For pursuing Bachelors in Germany (UG courses in Germany) you must complete your High School Graduation or Diploma graduation. In addition to that, you have to do one year course (which is equivalent to Studienkolleg) in your home country else you can opt for Studienkolleg in Germany.
- Proficiency in German language and English language is a prerequisite for admission requirements for bachelors in Germany. Because most courses are taught in German.
- For Proficiency in German language, you have to clear either of the two main tests. -Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH, meaning “German language examination for university entrance”) TestDaF (formerly Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache, meaning “Test of German as a foreign language”) with the minimum level of B2
- For Proficiency in English language, you have to clear either IELTS or TOFEL with the minimum score of 6.5.
Note: Before attempting, check which test is accepted by the university you’ve chosen.
Financing your studies in Germany:
Proof of finances, you have to submit a proof that you are financially stable to complete your graduation in Germany. Either you can submit the documents of your parents’ income or a financial asset with the monetary value of at least 8640 euros. If not, a permanent resident in Germany should assure to cover your expenses.
There are also some scholarship opportunities available in some universities to cover your expense during your bachelors program in Germany despite tuition fee itself is free. The applicant must prove that they have around 8640 euros for a year during the visa interview.
You can also choose for a blocked account in Germany. You can deposit minimum of 8640 euros and you can withdraw whenever you need.
You have to submit a copy of your passport which displays your personal information. It should be valid until you complete your bachelors in Germany.
Apply for the right visa at the right time, because visa procedures takes months to be processed. There are different type of visa for students to study in Germany,
- Language Course visa – Particularly for learning German language in short period of time, valid from 3 months to 1 year. This visa cannot to be replaced with student visa.
- Student Applicant visa – when you didn’t get the acceptance letter from the university or you are confused on which course to choose. If you are applying for Studienkolleg in Germany, this visa is applicable.
- Student Visa – When your application is accepted by a German university.
You have to provide a proof of health insurance when you enroll in a university. Germany has made an agreement with some countries which comes under the norms of European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). It covers any medical needs in Germany. If your country doesn’t come under this agreement you can opt for the Public or Private Health Insurance Policy.
You can opt for a Private Health Insurance which will cost about 35 euros per month. Whereas, the Public Health Insurance will cost you about 80 euros per month. With that in mind, don’t forget to take a travel insurance before going to the visa interview in German embassy in your home country.
You must need a travel insurance for visa permits. You can contact a travel insurance provider of your choice and take the insurance.
Once you land in Germany, you need to get a Health Insurance, without health insurance you can’t enroll in your University. It’s one of the main admission requirements for bachelors in Germany.