How to apply for a Student Visa in Germany?
You should apply for a respective visa in German Embassy in your home country. Make an appointment in German Embassy, fill the visa application form and take all the necessary documents for a student visa in Germany. FYI, 98% of German Student visa gets approved.
Documents required for a German student visa
- A valid Passport and a copy of your passport ( Passport should be valid until you complete your studies in Germany)
- 3 Passport Sized photo
- Filled Visa Application form
- Admission/ acceptance letter from the German University
- Conditional offer letter from the University.
- Certificate of Proficiency in German and English Language(if your course is in German)
- Proof of Funds or Blocked Account to cover your expenses in Germany( Minimum 8640 euros)
- A cover letter which explains the reason and duration of your stay in Germany.
- College Transfer certificate and the proof of completion of 1st year of college in your home country.
- Travel Insurance.
- Visa fee(60 euros)
Can I do Part-time jobs with German Student Visa?
Yes you can work with a German Student Visa. International students can work for 120 full days or 240 half days in any company. 1 full day equals 8 hours of work similarly 1 half day equals 4 hours of work.
The average pay scale for a person working in Germany is 8.8 euros per hour, which gives an approximate sum of 600 to 650 euros per month.
The student visa is also valid up to 18 months of post- studies which is only exclusive in Germany.In that period of time you can search for a job, can work part-time, can take up a full- time job.
On the other hand, you can also work in Schengen area but after 18 months you’ve to apply for an Employment visa or a Job Seeker Visa.
Where can I find the application form for German Student Visa?
You can download a visa application form from the website of German Embassy in your home country, pick the correct application form.
When Should I apply for a Student Visa?
One can apply for a German student visa when you receive an acceptance or admission letter from the University. Make sure you have all the required documents and monetary during the Visa interview in the German Embassy in your home country.
Eligibility criteria for Student Visa in Germany
- You should have completed the equivalent Abitur level of education(13 Years of Education).One way is to pursue 1 Year degree in your home country(Equivalent to Studienkolleg). The other way is to pursue 1 year Studienkolleg in Germany.
- Proficiency in German language with minimum C1 level.
Note: Each University demands it’s own requirement so it’s better to verify with the respective University.