Who should apply for a Student Applicant visa in Germany?
Student Applicant visa in Germany is for the students who aren’t eligible for doing Bachelors in Germany. It is for the students who wish to pursue 1 year in Studienkolleg and later on do their Bachelors in Germany. In addition, it is also provided for the students who wish to do the pathway program.
For pursuing Bachelors degree in Germany one should have completed the Abitur level of graduation. For meeting that criteria one can choose either of the two options
- Pursuing 1st Year Graduation Degree in home country.
- Pursuing 1 Year course in Studienkolleg.
For pursuing in Studienkolleg you should apply for the Student Applicant Visa in Germany.
How to apply for a Student Applicant Visa to study in Germany?
You should apply for the respective visa in German Embassy in your home country. Firstly, make an appointment in German Embassy. Later on, fill the visa application form and take all the necessary documents for a student applicant visa interview in German Embassy.
Documents required for a student applicant visa in Germany
- A valid Passport and a copy of your passport ( Passport should be valid until you complete your studies in Germany)
- 3 Passport Sized photo
- Filled Visa Application form
- Unconditional offer letter from the University.
- Certificate of Proficiency in German and English Language(if your course is in German)
- Proof of Funds or Blocked Account to cover your expenses in Germany( Minimum 8640 euros)
- A cover letter which explains the reason and duration of your stay in Germany.
- Proof of completion of High School
- Travel Insurance.
- Visa fee(60 euros)
Can I do Part-time jobs with Student Applicant Visa?
No you can’t do a part-time or a full time job with a Student Applicant visa. However, you can work with a student visa. Students are advised to concentrate only on their studies for at least couple of years. Later on, after getting the student visa you can do part-time job.
Where can I find the application form for Student Applicant visa in Germany?
You can download a visa application form from the website of German Embassy in your home country, pick the correct application form.
When Should I apply for a Student Applicant Visa?
You can apply for a student applicant visa when you receive an unconditional offer letter from the University. Make sure you have all the required documents and monetary during the Visa interview in the German Embassy in your home country.
Eligibility criteria for Student Applicant Visa
- You should have completed the high school graduation
- You should have the Proficiency in German language with minimum B2 level.
Replacing Student Applicant visa to Student visa
You can convert a student applicant visa into a student visa in Germany itself. You don’t need to fly back to your home country and get it converted. All you need is the certificate of clearing the final exam of Studienkolleg (FSP) and other documents .
Validity of a Student Applicant visa in Germany
It is valid up to 2 years, within that particular period of time you have to complete your language course and clear the final exam in Studienkolleg.
For genuine reasons, the student applicant visa can be extended up to a period of 6 months.